HFA is currently recruiting for Senior Staff Accountants in the Audit Department to join our team of professionals. Candidate must be a hardworking and self-motivated team player interested in a long-term growth opportunity.
In this role you will:
- Contribute to the client service team by producing quality work, quick turnaround, and attentive service.
- Perform services within budgeted time by utilizing technical, time management, and organizational skills.
- Draft various schedules, notes, opinions and comments for the audit report.
- Monitor staff performance on jobs.
- Perform/Oversee the reconciliation of client records to trial balance, which may include analytical procedures, and performs schedule computations of prepaid, accruals, property, equipment, and calculates depreciation expense.
- Make scheduling adjustments as needed.
- Use the firm’s software programs to automate the process from trial balance and financial statements.
- Perform other accounting, auditing, tax, and consulting duties as needed in engagements.
Applicants must possess the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field.
- CPA eligible required. CPA preferred.
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience of running the audit engagements. Not-for-Profit and Governmental entities preferred.
- Knowledge of general accounting principles
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Experience with Prosystem fx Engagement preferred.
- Reliable transportation to and from client location is required.
To submit a copy of your cover letter, resume and application, please visit http://www.hfacpas.com/application-for-employment/
HFA provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.