Ms. Somerville serves as Practice Leader of the Litigation Support and Business Valuation Division with HFA, Joyce performs a variety of financial investigative services for the firm; her efforts are concentrated in forensic accounting and investigations, business valuations, matrimonial litigation and commercial litigation.
In addition to litigation, Joyce is also trained in the Collaborative Divorce Process. Helping those couples looking for an alternative dispute resolution, where both parties interest and concerns are heard.
Before joining HFA, P.C., Joyce spent nearly twenty years providing accounting support to attorneys in complex matrimonial litigation matters while providing highly specialized forensic consulting services to clients within various industries. Joyce also has extensive experience in the calculation and verification of commercial business interruption and property damage claims. Joyce received a B.A. in Accounting from William Paterson University.
- Certified Public Accountant, New Jersey
- Accredited in Business Valuation
- Certified in Financial Forensics
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants -Litigation Support Services Committee, Past Co-Chairperson
Presentations and Publications
- Holman Frenia Allison, P.C. and Bathgate, Wegener & Wolf, P.C., “Locating Hidden Assets in a Divorce” and “Alimony, Child Support & Distribution of Assets/Debt.”
- Holman Frenia Allison, P.C. “Projected Cash Flow Analysis”
- Holman Frenia Allison, P.C. “Fraud in Small Businesses”
- New Jersey Certified Public Accountants, “How to Set Up and Develop a Divorce Practice.
- Certified Public Accountants Club of New Jersey, “Show Me The Money! Unreported Income Investigations”
- Certified Public Accountants Club of New Jersey, “Matrimonial Accounting”
- RosenfarbWinters, LLC, “New AICPA Standards for Valuation Services and Business Valuations”
- RosenfarbWinters, LLC, “Immunity Claims and Net Assets Value”
- Journal of Forensic Accounting, “Equitable Distribution and Community Property States”
- RosenfarbWinters, LLC, “When to Prepare a Lifestyle Analysis”
- MarcumRosenfarb, LLC, “Tax Aspects in Divorce and Matrimonial Accounting”
680 Hooper Avenue
Building B, Suite 201
Toms River, NJ 08753